[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29988: Twenty Fifteen: Use JS/postMessage to update the color scheme instead of triggering a page refresh

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Nov 7 01:15:44 UTC 2014

#29988: Twenty Fifteen: Use JS/postMessage to update the color scheme instead of
triggering a page refresh
------------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  avryl                   |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement             |      Status:  new
Changes (by celloexpressions):

 * milestone:  Future Release => 4.1

Comment:

 Twenty Fifteen is hiding the color control on the header screen (which
 will only be visible to users that can't access the Customizer), so we
 wouldn't need to worry about that since this would be a theme-specific
 fix.

 Let's get [attachment:29988.js.patch] polished and punt the core side of
 this.

 Couple notes:
 - `background_color` setting uses `postMessage` by default, so we can
 remove that line.
 - With #30160, customizer.js will become customize-preview.js, so we'll
 need to refresh the patch accordingly.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29988#comment:27>