[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #30856: Automatically replace erroneous curly quotes with straight quotes in shortcodes

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Dec 29 03:59:37 UTC 2014

#30856: Automatically replace erroneous curly quotes with straight quotes in
shortcodes
-------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  mauteri      |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement  |      Status:  new
Changes (by mauteri):

 * keywords:  needs-patch => has-patch

Comment:

 Thanks for the feedback.

 I've provided a new diff (30856.1.diff) to cover the example you provided.
 I also put in a bail feature for situations like

 {{{
 [song title='Don’t leave peoples’ shortcodes this way']
 --------------------------------^ = script will think curly space is end
 of attribute value and don't want that
 }}}

 In the rare cases above, the script will just bail and not try to clean up
 curly quotes. Let me know your thoughts and if you think something like
 this would work here.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/30856#comment:3>