[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29343: Numbering or bullets listings are applied to the entire paragraph instead on the selected text

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Aug 25 01:30:09 UTC 2014

#29343: Numbering or bullets listings are applied to the entire paragraph instead
on the selected text
-------------------------------+-------------------------
 Reporter:  Moshe1010          |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  closed
Changes (by azaozz):

 * status:  new => closed
 * resolution:   => worksforme
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:2 Moshe1010]:
 > Let's take in example Redactor editor, see the following:
 > http://imageshack.com/a/img540/8380/YmWvAW.gif

 This works in exactly the same way in TinyMCE. Also, if you select several
 paragraphs and then click the UL/OL button, all are converted to a list.

 However if you insert <br> tags in one paragraph (with Shift+Enter), the
 whole paragraph is converted to one list item (preserving the <br>). The
 difference is that Redactor splits the list on the <br> tags, TinyMCE
 splits it on the paragraphs.

 > Microsoft's failures are not really a good examples to provide a good
 editor to edit and write articles for websites.

 Unfortunately that is what the majority of users expect... If I remember
 right these behaviors date back to the 90's, even think some were first
 introduced in WordPerfect which was quite popular back then :)

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29343#comment:4>