[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #29022: Screen reader text (and link title) isn't updated when plugin update count is updated

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Aug 5 01:48:21 UTC 2014

#29022: Screen reader text (and link title) isn't updated when plugin update count
is updated
 Reporter:  pento        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
  (bug)                  |   Milestone:  Future Release
  4.1-early              |
Changes (by pento):

 * keywords:  has-patch dev-feedback => has-patch 4.1-early
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 Looking good!

 For this line:

 {{{
 screenReaderText += ( 1 === parseInt( updatesL10n[ updateItem.count ], 10
 ) ? updateItem.singular : updateItem.plural ).replace( '%d', updatesL10n[
 updateItem.count ] );
 }}}

 I'd be inclined to expand it to an `if...else` statement, or at least put
 the `.replace()` on a second line. This use of the ternary operator is
 probably a little too clever. :-)

 Given that #25280 is tagged for `4.1-early`, I think it'd be easier to do
 the same for this ticket, too, and just lose the `parseInt()` calls.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/29022#comment:15>