[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21837: Site search for a domain by text fails in subdomain installs of multisite with www in primary domain

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Apr 24 05:11:02 UTC 2014

#21837: Site search for a domain by text fails in subdomain installs of multisite
with www in primary domain
--------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  frisco              |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)        |      Status:  new
Changes (by jeremyfelt):

 * keywords:   => needs-patch
 * version:  3.4.2 => 3.0
 * milestone:  Awaiting Review => Future Release

Comment:

 Thanks for the ticket, @frisco. Sorry to leave you hanging so long.

 A message was added via #11945 as a warning. The following displays when
 configuring multisite on a www domain:

 {{{
 We recommend you change your siteurl to wordpress.dev before enabling the
 network
 feature. It will still be possible to visit your site using the www prefix
 with an
 address like www.wordpress.dev but any links will not have the www prefix.
 }}}

 That said. :)

 Site search is pretty wobbly right now. I'm not finding another ticket at
 the moment that covers site search in general, and it's something that
 could use a bit of work. I don't think it would be too tough to expand the
 current logic to do a better job. It would probably be best to ignore
 parsing the request against `$current_site->domain` and focus instead on
 whatever is being searched for.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21837#comment:3>