[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #27783: Multi Site: Native support for using "domain mapping" including setting subdirectories

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Apr 13 18:11:00 UTC 2014

#27783: Multi Site: Native support for using "domain mapping" including setting
subdirectories
--------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  schlimpf            |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement         |      Status:  new

Comment (by schlimpf):

 Replying to [comment:4 jeremyfelt]:

 Hi jeremyfelt,

 thank you very much for this article. It really cleared some questions
 about how multi site currently works.
 Maybe I am misusing the term "domain mapping". In fact, I just mean the
 possibility to set a site's domain and also it's subdirectory.
 As I found out (see my first comment), this seems to be possible with the
 current version 3.8.2 (see here: http://postimg.org/image/trqf49173/).
 Are there any things to take care of when changing a site's domain?

 From what I currently tested it does what I want, without any custom
 sunrise.php.
 I also tested the MU Domain Mapping plugin, but I don't see any benefit
 when using it. I do not need a site's user to change the domain, because
 it will be used for a company site, which will be administrated only by
 one user.

--
Ticket URL: <https://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/27783#comment:5>