[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25213: set_site_transient() incorrectly passes prefixed transient names to hooks when not using an object cache

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 10 06:07:16 UTC 2013

#25213: set_site_transient() incorrectly passes prefixed transient names to hooks
when not using an object cache
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  dd32          |       Owner:
 never saw a single complaint.

 And as for this bug: No one has reported this previously. It's an obscure
 hook in an obscure level (site_transient, versus transient) of the
 transients API. If they wanted to use it, they immediately would have
 realized something was very, very wrong. And the "correct" way to use it
 would have been to also account for an external object cache.

 I have a feeling that firing only the correct hook here would be OK. My
 instinct is to pull the band-aid off, do a make/core post on it
 (3.7-compat tag), and move on.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25213#comment:3>