[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #25213: set_site_transient() incorrectly passes prefixed transient names to hooks when not using an object cache

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Sep 10 05:59:07 UTC 2013

#25213: set_site_transient() incorrectly passes prefixed transient names to hooks
when not using an object cache
--------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  dd32          |       Owner:

Comment (by dd32):

 Current thoughts on the back-compat:
 1. We should handle back-compat as we always do
 1. Firing both versions of the action may confuse plugins only expecting
 one version of the action to fire.
 1. Firing only the "correct" hook would be best, BUT, the correct hook was
 being fired in the using-object-cache mode only, leading ''most''
 developers to have been using the bad filter (If anyone is actually using
 it)

 So really, we have back compat issues either way, Either we fire only the
 proper action, or we fire both.
 Firing both seems like it'll be the lesser of 2 evils in this case, most
 existing code should still work, but may cause duplicate processing for
 some plugin code until fixed.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/25213#comment:2>