[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #16055: Only fire 'Side Wide Only' plugin header deprecated notice if the plugin is activated

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Wed May 22 23:01:33 UTC 2013

#16055: Only fire 'Side Wide Only' plugin header deprecated notice if the plugin is
activated
-----------------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  nacin                  |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)           |      Status:  new
Changes (by nacin):

 * keywords:  3.2-early, has-patch => has-patch 2nd-opinion

Comment:

 Coming back to this, I'm not actually sure if this is a bad thing after
 all. The notice is clear about which plugin it is. In general, these
 notices are annoying anyway — I don't think if this plugin was activated
 would it be any less annoying or confusing. And because plugins can be
 activated on *other* sites in a network, it's kinda important to make sure
 the header is up to date and not using deprecated behavior.

 A note on the stale patch here — that change in the conditional also
 affects `$plugin_data['Network'] = $plugin_data['_sitewide'];`, which
 would still need to apply in case the plugin was inactive.

 Any thoughts, DJPaul, as a BuddyPress (which is Network: true) core dev?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/16055#comment:2>