[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24449: Attachment display settings in the Media Library are ignored for audio and video inside 'Standard' post format and pages

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jun 18 15:11:02 UTC 2013

#24449: Attachment display settings in the Media Library are ignored for audio and
video inside 'Standard' post format and pages
--------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  sennza        |       Owner:

Comment (by designsimply):

 Tested and confirmed. No matter what option is selected for "Linked To"
 when inserting an .mp3 file into a post, the audio shortcode is entered.

 My steps to reproduce:

 1. Go to Posts -> Add New
 2. Click the Add Media button
 3. Upload a new .mp3 file or select one you have previously uploaded
 4. Find the "ATTACHMENT DISPLAY SETTINGS" heading on the right
 5. Select "Custom URL" for the "Linked To" option
 6. Click the "Insert into post" button
 7. Repeat steps 2 through 6 for Media File, Attachment Page, and None
 * Expected:  a link to appear instead of an audio shortcode for Custom URL
 and Attachment Page, actually I'm not sure what should happen if you
 select "None"—I'm not even sure which option is supposed to insert the
 shortcode (aka media player) versus the other options (?)
 * Actual:  an audio shortcode is entered no matter what you select for
 "Linked To" when inserting an .mp3 file

 [[Image(http://f.cl.ly/items/0Q1g1v1x3C3o0Y332g0Z/Screen%20Shot%202013-06-18%20at%2011.02.36%20AM.png,50%)]]

 [[Image(http://f.cl.ly/items/3P1L2V2k2G0O27151a2W/Screen%20Shot%202013-06-18%20at%2011.02.59%20AM.png,50%)]]

 Tested with WP trunk 24433 on Bluehost with Chrome 27.0.1453.110 on Mac OS
 X 10.8.3. I was using a Standard post format and the Twenty Thirteen theme
 during this test. I didn't try any other post formats.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24449#comment:4>