[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24668: Password manually entered during setup is stored in the database incorrectly

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 8 22:13:26 UTC 2013

#24668: Password manually entered during setup is stored in the database
incorrectly
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  cfeet77            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new

Comment (by cfeet77):

 My password consists only of lowercase and uppercase English letters and
 numbers, i.e. [a-zA-Z0-9]+. It is very trivial and it does not contain any
 special characters like quotes or whatever. It was standard WP 3.5.2
 English distro. "Strong" here only means that the password is long enough
 and contains all (lowercase, uppercase, digits). I did not imply that it
 fails for any password. I only said that I dowloaded WP for the first time
 ever in my life to my Windows box, and the password thing did not work
 from the very first attempt (I was diligently following all the
 installation instructions I found on the official web pages). I did not do
 any second attempt to install the thing either, because I found a
 workaround (SQL DB fix) that solved my particular problem and I do not
 work for the testing dept. of WP :) to install things over and over again
 to provide more solid statistics on failed/passed cases.

 I don't know, it could be related to the fact that I run on Windows which
 might be unusual, but then again I expect it to be a mainstream to do
 local tryouts on a local Windows box before transferring it to production
 Linux.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24668#comment:3>