[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24668: Password manually entered during setup is stored in the database incorrectly

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 1 15:43:18 UTC 2013

#24668: Password manually entered during setup is stored in the database
incorrectly
-------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  cfeet77            |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)       |      Status:  new
Changes (by SergeyBiryukov):

 * keywords:  needs-patch reporter-feedback => reporter-feedback
 * component:  General => Users

Comment:

 #24367 fixed the issue that only was in trunk (introduced in [23634]), not
 in the 3.5 branch.

 #17018 is the original ticket for the quotes issue, but it only affected
 the email sent to a new user, not the actual login.

 > Steps to reproduce: run install.php, enter strong password for admin,
 see it matching (green "Strong"), proceed. You will get to the login page.
 Try entering the password and see that it fails.

 Your steps imply that *any* strong password fails, which is clearly not
 the case. I've tried to set `! " ? $ % ^ & )` as a password on a new 3.5.2
 install, and it works for me. Could you provide more details?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24668#comment:2>