[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #24011: Consider hiding post title for "Status" and "Aside" formats and autogenerating

WordPress Trac noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 30 18:44:42 UTC 2013

#24011: Consider hiding post title for "Status" and "Aside" formats and
autogenerating
----------------------------+--------------------
 Reporter:  markjaquith     |       Owner:
     Type:  task (blessed)  |      Status:  new

Comment (by johnjamesjacoby):

 Me, from #24013:

 > I'd rather we not ever hide the Title field, and instead disable it and
 change the "Enter title here" text to say "Not used for this format" -- it
 will cut down on the jumpiness and unpredictability of hiding core fields
 that have been around for a decade, and isn't as jarring to existing users
 that need to learn the new UI.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/24011#comment:38>