[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #21872: RSS Widget, and all of fetch_feed() I believe, forces its own feed order of Post Date DESC

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Sep 11 15:40:51 UTC 2012

#21872: RSS Widget, and all of fetch_feed() I believe, forces its own feed order of
Post Date DESC
 Reporter:  madtownlems   |       Owner:

Comment (by nacin):

 This is actually SimplePie. Having a feed out of order by post date is a
 bit weird, but long ago I found if you have multiple items with the same
 date, SimplePie might rearrange them, which produces unexpected results.
 Unsure if that affects 1.3 or even 1.2 SimplePie.

 There's a way to tell SimplePie to ignore sorting. I don't remember what
 it is, but you can use the wp_feed_options hook, which passes the
 SimplePie object along with the URL as context.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/21872#comment:1>