[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20012: Disable TinyMCE in wp_editor for the Amazon Silk browser -- which doesn't support it

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Feb 17 00:20:06 UTC 2012

#20012: Disable TinyMCE in wp_editor for the Amazon Silk browser -- which doesn't
support it
----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  georgestephanis       |       Owner:  nacin
     Type:  defect (bug)          |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by nacin):

 I'm also going to make an assumption, one we might need to change before
 3.4 is released, depending on research in the area.

 The webkit build 534 pushed us into TinyMCE territory for iOS 5. Silk is
 at 533. If I had to take a guess, the next release of the Kindle Fire
 (expected in March) might just update to a build that pushes us over the
 edge. So, I'm coding it so at 534, it gets kicked on for Silk too.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20012#comment:8>