[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #20012: Disable TinyMCE in wp_editor for the Amazon Silk browser -- which doesn't support it

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Feb 17 00:13:05 UTC 2012

#20012: Disable TinyMCE in wp_editor for the Amazon Silk browser -- which doesn't
support it
----------------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  georgestephanis       |       Owner:  nacin
     Type:  defect (bug)          |      Status:  accepted

Comment (by nacin):

 Replying to [comment:6 georgestephanis]:
 > I added this where I did in the user_can_richedit() function as we
 really will want to turn it off for front-end use for logged out users as
 well.  If someone uses it in their theme, it's useless to generate a
 wysiwyg box on the silk as it's impossible to enter content to it.

 Check the conditional again -- it runs when a user isn't logged in as
 well. It simply can't count on get_user_option() when the user is logged
 out.

 I tested this, made some tweaks to how it got worked into
 user_can_richedit(). I also confirmed that it does not matter if Silk
 acceleration is turned off — TinyMCE doesn't work there, either.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/20012#comment:7>