[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11979: After r12794 install by uploading fails for one ZIP archive (works for others)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Jan 22 22:22:18 UTC 2010

#11979: After r12794 install by uploading fails for one ZIP archive (works for
others)
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  demetris         |       Owner:  dd32
     Type:  defect (bug)     |      Status:  new
Component:  Upgrade/Install  |     Version:  3.0
 Severity:  normal           |    Keywords:
-----------------------------+----------------------------------------------
 Here is the story:

 I upgraded John Godley’s Search Regex and there was an issue, so I looked
 for an earlier version to go back to.  Finding nothing in WP/Extend, I
 downloaded v1.4.9 from the plugin homepage:

 http://urbangiraffe.com/plugins/search-regex/

 r12794 gives me this error during installation:

   Installing Plugin from uploaded file: search-regex.zip

   Unpacking the package…

   Warning: ftp_mkdir() [function.ftp-mkdir]: Create directory operation
 failed. in /[...]/public_html/wp-admin/includes/class-wp-filesystem-
 ftpext.php on line 248

   Could not create directory. /public_html/wp-content/upgrade/search-regex
 /search-regex/view/admin

 Going back to r12793 solves the problem.  Confirmed on two different
 setups.

 Also, the problematic ZIP extracts fine on my Windows desktop, and on the
 two Linux servers of the two WP setups (Debian and CentOS).