[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11547: Trouble with uploaded via Media Library files with non-latin characters in name

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Jan 10 04:17:20 UTC 2010

#11547: Trouble with uploaded via Media Library files with non-latin characters in
name
 Reporter:  ogonkov       |        Owner:  hakre
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  closed
Changes (by hakre):

  * keywords:  media library, utf-8, upload =>
  * priority:  high => normal
  * status:  new => closed
  * resolution:  => invalid
  * milestone:  3.0 =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:5 ogonkov]:
 > I will move my old WP install from old shared server to new VPS, thats
 when i spot this trouble.

 From what you describe this is not a problem with wordpress. You're
 encounting a problem while moving from one system to another. Please get
 support in the forums for your problem, this is not a bug.

 ''filename encoding:'' I mean the encoding filenames are stored within the
 filesystem. That's independend from WP, the Database or even the
 connection between your browser and the server (that is what you see in
 your browser then). Same for FTP/SSH connections.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11547#comment:6>