[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #15769: WordPress ships with copyrighted "Hello Dolly" lyrics which could potentially terminate the GNU GPL of the package

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Thu Dec 16 20:36:40 UTC 2010

#15769: WordPress ships with copyrighted "Hello Dolly" lyrics which could
potentially terminate the GNU GPL of the package
------------------------------+------------------------------
 Reporter:  novasource        |       Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)      |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by sc0ttkclark):

 It appears the current resolution in place is to nix the Hello Dolly
 plugin as we know it after 3.1 is built, but that being just one response
 I've heard from the core team. We'll see how it goes, but guys they hear
 you and they are going to be taking the next step. Great job on everyone
 here who is trying to help WP out, I know you all care even if some of
 your communication was borderline hostile. Let's take a breather, let them
 finish the release that's a matter of weeks away and then we'll resume
 discussions. I think we can find a resolution that definitely makes sense
 for both sides, which most likely will be the nixxing of Hello Dolly in
 place of something a bit more contextual for new users.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/15769#comment:42>