[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #13045: Login: Add Classes for better plugin-support and change from <p> to <div> for more flexibility

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Fri Apr 23 14:50:42 UTC 2010

#13045: Login: Add Classes for better plugin-support and change from <p> to <div>
for more flexibility
 Reporter:  F J Kaiser      |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.9.2
 Severity:  minor           |    Keywords:  dev-feedback 2nd-opinion
Changes (by nacin):

  * milestone:  3.0 => Unassigned

Comment:

 I tried looking through the patch and picked out what this ticket tried to
 achieve, and from what I saw, I'm -1 on the changes.

 Most of these classes, if not all, are being added to elements that
 already have IDs and attributes that can be targeted via CSS.

 Additionally, there is no desire to convert to divs, versus paragraphs, as
 they have zero semantic value. We've had that debate previously on the
 comment form, for example. When dealing with styling, paragraphs and divs
 are both block elements, so the only restrictions are when you start
 talking about child block elements (which there aren't).

 We now have wp_login_form() which ideally could even be used in wp-
 login.php. It's already a very independent module, and I'm not really sure
 what the color scheme has to do with it. Any changes to styles in one
 would need to happen in the other. That said, I don't think there is *any*
 reason to change elements or even add classes.

 Also, you should only be svn co http://core.svn.wordpress.org/trunk .
 Username/pass would be for commits.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/13045#comment:5>