[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #10332: Backdated pre-1st January 1970 post displayed as published on the current viewing day

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sun Sep 13 13:24:31 UTC 2009

#10332: Backdated pre-1st January 1970 post displayed as published on the current
viewing day
-------------------------------------+--------------------------------------
 Reporter:  carboncopy               |        Type:  defect (bug)

Comment(by herko):

 a fresh install of 2.8.4 on linux/php 5.2.6 makes it impossible to create
 content with a date before 1-1-1970, including the slug date values. I
 tried creating a post dated 1814, and the slug was /1970/1/test. This is
 WITH the editing out of the code like suggested here:
 http://core.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/10332/functions.php.diff.

 I tried to verify the bug on another 2.8.4 site, but this one upgraded
 from 2.3 and onwards,running PHP 5.2.9, with the following results:
 Creation of historical content is possible, with the slug created
 correctly (in this case, /1814/3/test), but the published date shown is
 the current date (sept 13 2009).
 This is without any changes made to functions.php.

 So this bug report needs to be reopened.

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/10332#comment:11>