[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #11258: Edit Comments > Quick Buttons ordering should be changed, with "Spam" becoming less accessible

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Nov 28 23:47:11 UTC 2009

#11258: Edit Comments > Quick Buttons ordering should be changed, with "Spam"
becoming less accessible
 Reporter:  lloydbudd     |        Owner:
     Type:  defect (bug)  |       Status:  reopened

Comment(by caesarsgrunt):

 A modified version of the "compromise", which I would be ok with, would be

 Approve | Reply | Quick Edit | Edit | Spam | Trash

 (just swapping Spam and Trash).

 This fits both with the order-by-frequency idea (except for keeping the
 edits together) ''and'' a form of conceptual grouping (since as mentioned
 above, spam could be considered to be a delete action as well as a
 moderate action).

 It also keeps spam near the end, so the logic of having it further to the
 right making it less "inviting" would be satisfied, but doesn't put it
 right at the end, so it isn't so visible or accidenatly clickable.

 Overall I would say that ''this'' compromise more or less fits with all
 the arguments of everyone so far - what does anyone else think?

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/11258#comment:23>