[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #9474: Installation fails produces a blank screen on a default CentOS 5 Server Install

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Tue Apr 7 00:07:52 GMT 2009

#9474: Installation fails produces a blank screen on a default CentOS 5 Server
Install
 Reporter:  shawnmjones     |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect (bug)    |      Status:  new
Component:  Administration  |     Version:  2.7.1
 Severity:  major           |    Keywords:

Comment(by DD32):

 I know for a fact that on a default CentOS5 install, It gives a warning
 about MySQL not being installed...

 Here's the line which displays an error if the user doesnt have MySQL
 enabled: http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-settings.php#L143

 and heres the line, which includes wp-db:
 http://core.trac.wordpress.org/browser/trunk/wp-settings.php#L259

 Now.. As to why you didnt get the error, I'm not sure.... Do you have a
 custom db.php file in wp-content/db.php ? (I'm thinking maybe a
 distribution is including it for some reason?)

--
Ticket URL: <http://core.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/9474#comment:1>