[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #8232: Default 'G' Gravatar being shown instead of what's set in the WP options (eg. identicon)

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Nov 15 21:12:52 GMT 2008

#8232: Default 'G' Gravatar being shown instead of what's set in the WP options
(eg. identicon)
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  johnconners  |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect       |      Status:  new
Component:  General      |     Version:  2.7
 Severity:  normal       |    Keywords:  has-patch needs-testing
-------------------------+--------------------------------------------------
 Since picking up [9716] (which is from #8220) I see that the avatar image
 being shown in either the WP admin pages or a WP2.7 blog should look like:

 http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/ecd0449f045e42e66ea24ee9c35788d8?s=32&d=identicon&r=G

 but is now being shown as:

 http://www.gravatar.com/avatar/ecd0449f045e42e66ea24ee9c35788d8?s=32&d=identicon%3Fs%3D32&r=G

 Notice the '%3Fs%3D32' which messed up the URL and when Gravatar attempts
 to show it for a non-registered user the default 'G' image is returned
 instead of a generated one. The offending string was added as part of
 [9716].

 Attached is a patch to remove that piece of code again although I'm not
 entirely sure what the intention of adding it was so I'm hoping this
 doesn't break something else as a result.

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/8232>