[wp-trac] [WordPress Trac] #7090: Messages in POT with date codes should refer translators to explanatory page

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Wed Jun 4 09:09:00 GMT 2008

#7090: Messages in POT with date codes should refer translators to explanatory
page
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  leuce   |       Owner:  anonymous
     Type:  defect  |      Status:  new
Component:  i18n    |     Version:
 Severity:  normal  |    Keywords:
--------------------+-------------------------------------------------------
 In the wordpress.pot file, at least two messages contain a date code which
 translators should then change to reflect the date format for their
 language.  Ideally, there should be a msgctxt comment that refers
 translators to the dates page on the PHP web site.

 I could find two messages with date codes (perhaps there are more, but I
 couldn't find them now):

 {{{
 #: wp-admin/includes/schema.php:188
 msgid "F j, Y g:i a"
 msgstr ""

 #: wp-includes/post-template.php:588
 msgid "j F, Y @ G:i|revision date format"
 msgstr ""
 }}}

 These should be changed to something like this:

 {{{
 #: wp-admin/includes/schema.php:188
 msgctxt ""
 "This represents a date format.  Visit http://php.net/date for a "
 "detailled explanation of how to write the appropriate format for "
 "your language."
 msgid "F j, Y g:i a"
 msgstr ""

 #: wp-includes/post-template.php:588
 msgctxt ""
 "This represents a date format.  Visit http://php.net/date for a "
 "detailled explanation of how to write the appropriate format for "
 "your language."
 msgid "j F, Y @ G:i"
 msgstr ""
 }}}