[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #3927: Dragging and dropping uploaded image can retain the onclick="return false; " attribute

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Mar 10 04:29:19 GMT 2007

#3927: Dragging and dropping uploaded image can retain the onclick="return false;"
attribute
--------------------------------------+-------------------------------------
 Reporter:  johnbillion               |        Owner:  andy
     Type:  defect                    |       Status:  new
Changes (by rob1n):

  * keywords:  uploading needs-patch => dev-feedback 2nd-opinion
  * priority:  normal => low
  * version:  2.1 => 2.1.2
  * owner:  anonymous => andy

Comment:

 Reproduced.

 I believe this is a Firefox/IE issue (and it's not really an issue). The
 drag-n-dropping isn't done by JS by WordPress -- it's a built in function
 to drag any link to any text area/input box.

 I don't know how we can fix this. Maybe add a filter to clean those links
 out once the contents of the post contents area has changed? Like I said,
 this is going to be tricky.

 Assigning to andy, as he's the in-house JS guru ;).

 Also, I don't know if this is necessary to be fixed, as I never even
 thought of dragging and dropping before I read this ticket. The controls
 provided do the job fine...

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3927#comment:2>