[wp-trac] Re: #4337: Blog by Email: No content is assumed

James Davis james at freecharity.org.uk
Thu Jun 21 10:44:41 GMT 2007

Amanda wrote:

> I joined this list in order to get help with the bug mentioned in the
> subject line.  I've viewed the ticket on the track, and am wondering if
> I need to simply rename the .patch file with a php extention and replace
> class-pop3.php, or if I need to go through that file and replace the
> lines of code as directed by the cnanges in class-pop3.php.patch.  The
> reason I'm wondering is because when I open the file with the .patch
> extention, there are no opening and closing php tags variables declared,
> ETC, and I'm sure this is bound to create errors.  Any help would be
> greatly appreciated.  Thanks.

The file is a patch file created with the 'diff' tool. The file presents
the differences between the fixed class-pop3.php and the original one.
The fix can be applied to your copy of class-pop3.php using the 'patch'
tool. For example.

patch class-pop3.php  class-pop3.php.patch

HTH,

James

--
http://www.freecharity.org.uk/ - Free IT services for charities