[wp-trac] Re: [WordPress Trac] #3875: Proposal for a new plugin architecture

WordPress Trac wp-trac at lists.automattic.com
Sat Aug 25 20:27:24 GMT 2007

#3875: Proposal for a new plugin architecture
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------+
 Reporter:  FraT                                                                |        Owner:  ryan
     Type:  defect                                                              |       Status:  reopened
Comment (by darkdragon):

 Well, it only breaks the ones that choose to use objects. There are ways
 that objects can get around the limitations with the break. I have
 recommended in the past that a Registry Pattern would solve the problem.

 What is fixed in the patch is the expectation that nothing changed in the
 class. Normally, this would never be the case. Most plugins that I looked
 at use the Singleton pattern, which suffers the most.

 There are several other fixes that can be applied to the singleton pattern
 that would also fix this issue ( __sleep() method ).

--
Ticket URL: <http://trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3875#comment:24>