[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6722: Support Forums: Timeframe to edit posts or to add further posts should be longer

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 31 23:07:28 UTC 2023

#6722: Support Forums: Timeframe to edit posts or to add further posts should be
longer
----------------------------+-----------------------
 Reporter:  abitofmind      |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  reopened

Comment (by abitofmind):

 @macmanx I totally agree with you that as you lined out those
 contributor/reader beneficial changes would needed to be accompanied by
 other measures, which themselves mean development effort.

 - I can say from self observation that the Gutenberg introduction in the
 support forums in Late 2022 finally made the Support forums feel like 2022
 and not like 2005 (raw HTML entry). This increased my readiness for
 engagement tremendously.

 - And not being able to edit mistakes (both as a creator and reader) is my
 second biggest frustration regarding WordPress contribution (support
 forums, horrible TRAC issue tracker that MANY WordPress projects still
 use). A real barrier.

 @ Automattic executive, who may read this: DevOps / community tools with a
 contemporary UX (that saves everyone's time & energy) is a true combustion
 engine for being motivated to contribute. Especially for "occasional"
 contributors, that low entry barrier is crucial. I believe that money put
 into this to expedite the improvement process, will show amortization with
 an increase in voluntary contributions.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6722#comment:9>