[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #7161: Remove auto-closure from support from threads and add warning if thread is old instead

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Aug 17 22:40:07 UTC 2023

#7161: Remove auto-closure from support from threads and add warning if thread is
old instead
----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  alh0319         |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement     |      Status:  new
Changes (by Otto42):

 * keywords:   => close
 * priority:  high => low

Comment:

 -1. I feel that if you don't respond to a thread in a year, then you're
 not going to and leaving it open only makes it easier for spam and other
 bad actors type of things.

 Plus, and this is the most important factor, people use the "email me new
 replies" check box. It is actually the default setting. Meaning they get
 every reply to a thread they post. Sending them information like this over
 a year after the post is basically spamming their email. And that is
 simply something we cannot do.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/7161#comment:11>