[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes repository

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 30 06:28:59 UTC 2022

#6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes
repository
-----------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  kafleg           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request  |      Status:  new

Comment (by chzumbrunnen):

 Many great ideas here. Besides the most obvious idea of having a 'Block'
 tab next to 'Latest', I especially like @elmastudio's take to "promote"
 block themes.

 I don't think this would be unfair against "classic" themes. Of course,
 changes always will have winners and losers as every Google Search
 algorithm also shows.

 My suggestion, as an enhancement of the already existing proposals, would
 be to add a "Block" label as an overlay to the screenshot image (or
 besides the name of the theme).

 Then classic themes should have a label too, like "Classic" or more
 radical (and too early now): "Deprecated".

 Yes, there is the feature filter but as of now the distinction between
 "Classic" and "Block" is much more important than any other label or
 feature as it's a differentiation between two versions/variants of
 WordPress (or two ways to work with WordPress).

 P.S. I tried to do a mockup but it looked awful and I think you get it
 without an image ;-)

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6330#comment:21>