[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes repository

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jul 12 07:46:33 UTC 2022

#6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes
repository
------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  kafleg                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request         |      Status:  new

Comment (by tsiger):

 Replying to [comment:44 ilovewpcom]:
 > **For 7 weeks straight people are just ignoring all the arguments
 brought by @joyously.**

 > "''If block themes are the future and are better and easier, they don't
 need any extra promotion.''"
 > Can anyone reasonably argue against this?
 >
 > And another question: why would my non-FSE themes built for the Block
 Editor be relegated to the "classic themes" category? Why give priority
 specifically to FSE themes, all the while calling them "block" themes? My
 classic themes work perfectly well with blocks. Why create any more
 confusion under the false pretense of making things "easier and clearer"?

 As someone who also (still) makes a living from classic themes I think
 this should be communicated to the users. I don't think that "better and
 easier" is at play here. People will eventually decide on this, no matter
 how it is communicated but at least they should get a visual indicator
 that we are talking about something different.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6330#comment:46>