[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes repository

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Jul 11 23:27:34 UTC 2022

#6330: Give some priority to Block themes(FSE themes) in the WordPress themes
repository
------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  kafleg                  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  feature request         |      Status:  new

Comment (by elmastudio):

 Thanks so much to everyone adding to the discussion here. I believe we are
 moving into the right direction and as @ndiego said even the smallest step
 is a good first step.

 From @jeffikus mock-ups, I definitely prefer the left-aligned solution.

 First it's more visible, the other one gets easy overlooked, as @luminuu
 mentioned before.

 Second, placing it next to commercial themes could suggest that these two
 are related somehow, while they have nothing in common. Instead, in my
 opinion if we place something next to each other it should be classic vs.
 block themes.

 One issue I see with @jeffikus approach is that this helps to distinguish
 block themes on the WordPress.org website, but it still does not differ
 them when searching for themes under ''Appearance / Themes'' inside the
 WordPress admin area. Wouldn't it be great, to solve these together?

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6330#comment:37>