[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #6267: wporg-developer theme used in Multisite generates a fatal error when displaying functions included in a source file

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 12 02:55:22 UTC 2022

#6267: wporg-developer theme used in Multisite generates a fatal error when
displaying functions included in a source file
---------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  imath          |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect (bug)   |      Status:  new

Comment (by dd32):

 > you get a white screen of death because you end up having this script
 running: /wp-includes/ms-files.php and the BLOGUPLOADDIR constant might
 not be set for recent WordPress versions

 Hmmm... Good catch! This is actually a problem, as WordPress.org uses `ms-
 files.php` still, and we're going to need `/..../files/` to serve via ms-
 files.php in the not-too-distant future.

 That's because [https://make.wordpress.org/systems/2022/03/31/enable-sub-
 sites-for-developer-wordpress-org/ of a systems request I made to enable
 subdir support] as we need to create some sub-sites of developer.w.org.

 I think we can rename this from `files` to `file` and add a 301 for
 `/reference/files/*` to `/reference/file/*`, probably within sunrise to
 pre-empt ms-files output.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/6267#comment:1>