[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5093: Proposal to allow users to remove URLs that they have added to their posts in the support forums

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Sun Oct 3 11:09:18 UTC 2021

#5093: Proposal to allow users to remove URLs that they have added to their posts
in the support forums
----------------------------+-----------------------------
 Reporter:  carike          |       Owner:  SergeyBiryukov
     Type:  defect          |      Status:  reviewing

Comment (by jonoaldersonwp):

 A related thought...

 A frequent objection to us retiring stale/outdated/thin support content is
 that there's perceived value in enabling users to search for and find
 existing/legacy threads that contain solutions for their problems.

 How do we reconcile 'disabling' potentially useful and relevant links with
 this? There's a reasonable chance that this change would significantly
 devalue these pages as 'resources' that help to solve the problems of
 other/future users.

 Either we need to maintain the utility of existing posts for 'resource
 building' reasons (in which case, we can't hide the links without
 undermining that), or, we need to revisit and adjust our stance on never
 being able to delete or clean up thin/legacy support content.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5093#comment:40>