[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5770: Add the name "fuzzybot" to a translation when it is set to "fuzzy" by the bot

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 10 07:46:12 UTC 2021

#5770: Add the name "fuzzybot" to a translation when it is set to "fuzzy" by the
bot
--------------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  psmits1567                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement               |      Status:  closed

Comment (by psmits1567):

 Thanks for the explanation
 I have the feeling I am firefighting with the fuzzy process!
 We all thought it was a bot checking translations for changes.
 That does not seem to be the case.
 So we narrowed it down that a fuzzy record is set under different
 circumstances. If the change is obvious, than it is clear what needs to be
 done. But we see a lot of fuzzed records, where we do not see or
 understand where it is coming from. Your examples are clear, so they won't
 be a problem. But there are to many that are not so obvious, and we as GTE
 or PTE do not understand what caused it.
 So therefore we are searching to improve it.
 One of them is keeping the previous record as "old", so we can see what is
 changed.
 It is a weekly, or almost dayly job to check those fuzzied strings, which
 takes a lot of time, we could use better to check waiting strings. And
 contact the translator to help him improving suggestions.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5770#comment:8>