[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5770: Add the name "fuzzybot" to a translation when it is set to "fuzzy" by the bot

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jun 10 01:53:54 UTC 2021

#5770: Add the name "fuzzybot" to a translation when it is set to "fuzzy" by the
bot
--------------------------------------+----------------------
 Reporter:  psmits1567                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement               |      Status:  closed

Comment (by dd32):

 Replying to [comment:2 psmits1567]:
 > because if an import is performed the user that did that is added to the
 strings. So then I would know who imported the strings. Now you do not see
 what set the state to "fuzzy"

 An example of this would help, I believe the only way that would happen is
 if one of the following is true:
  - A user uploaded a .po/.mo file which contained strings that were marked
 as fuzzy. The translator should be set to that of the uploader
  - The string wasn't imported, but was a translation of a now-removed
 original string and a newly added original is similar enough that the
 existing translation for the removed original was made a fuzzy translation
 of the new original, it should have a translator attached.

 If there's no translator attached, the only case where that should be
 happening is if the original translation in question was imported from
 being bundled with a plugin, back in ~2016 when all plugins were shifted
 over to translate.wordpress.org. Due to some cross-project translation
 efforts at one point, it might be that the originals were an exact match
 between PluginA and PluginB and so it was copied to both.. without a
 translator attached since it was unknown, as it was imported from SVN.

 ...I hope some of that makes sense, but tl;dr, an exact example of a
 string is needed to be able to provide any solid answer, but it's almost
 certain that if you're not seeing a translator, it's from that SVN import
 event when plugins were imported to translate.w.org.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5770#comment:4>