[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5581: Consolidating setup of local Dev environment documentation and testing instructions.

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jul 28 19:48:55 UTC 2021

#5581: Consolidating setup of local Dev environment documentation and testing
instructions.
-------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  paaljoachim  |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  task         |      Status:  new

Comment (by circlecube):

 I agree with this idea. The docs seem to have many suggestions on what to
 use to set up a local dev environment and much is dated. Having a central
 place to this would help keep it updated and clear for new folks.

 Another distinction would be good to make is detailing a local dev
 environment for building sites and for core development. As I think some
 tools shine better in one circumstance vs others. Those are two different
 use cases though and if we're going to have a centralized place to cover
 local dev, a run down covering both situations would be ideal.

 Also @paaljoachim, another place to feature the video content would be
 learn.wp.org!

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5581#comment:41>