[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5563: I a translation file is imported that contains wrong placeholders the line is not rejected.

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Jan 7 00:14:21 UTC 2021

#5563: I a translation file is imported that contains wrong placeholders the line
is not rejected.
--------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  psmits1567                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement               |      Status:  new
Changes (by dd32):

 * keywords:  needs-design =>

Comment:

 > The person that imports translations is responsible to import properly
 formatted strings. Now as a PTE or GTE you have to either correct those
 lines or remove them. Because obviously they are not corrected by the
 person that imports them
 > Examples "% s", "% 1 $ s", "% d", "% 2 $ s"

 Whenever you see spaces after/around those placeholders like that, you can
 bet it's a machine translated (probably Google Translate) translation.

 My understanding was that importing/uploading of strings required a higher
 level of access though? As in, regular accounts shouldn't have the ability
 to upload accounts, and if a PTE is processing uploads such as this they
 probably shouldn't have the status for that language they're not
 reviewing?

 Possibly a dup of #4171

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/5563#comment:1>