[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #5563: I a translation file is imported that contains wrong placeholders the line is not rejected.

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 6 13:50:28 UTC 2021

#5563: I a translation file is imported that contains wrong placeholders the line
is not rejected.
--------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Reporter:  psmits1567                |      Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement               |     Status:  new
Component:  Translate Site & Plugins  |   Keywords:  needs-design
--------------------------------------+--------------------------
 Currently, if you import a file that contains a translation where the
 placeholder is not properly formatted, the line is not rejected but
 inserted and creates a waiting record with warning.
 Looking at the daily number of errors passing by, it would be better to
 reject those lines instead of inserting them with an error.
 The person that imports translations is responsible to import properly
 formatted strings. Now as a PTE or GTE you have to either correct those
 lines or remove them. Because obviously they are not corrected by the
 person that imports them
 Examples "% s", "% 1 $ s", "% d", "% 2 $ s"
 If rejected indicate the number of lines rejected, and a hint of the
 rejected reason.
 E.g. "Import has finished with errors in XXX lines, containing wrong
 formatted placeholders!"