[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4915: Add comment or feedback section to End User Documentation page for low-friction interaction

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Fri Oct 23 23:32:05 UTC 2020

#4915: Add comment or feedback section to End User Documentation page for low-
friction interaction
-------------------------------------+---------------------------
 Reporter:  bph                      |       Owner:  coreymckrill
     Type:  enhancement              |      Status:  reviewing
Changes (by coreymckrill):

 * owner:  tellyworth => coreymckrill

Comment:

 [https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/raw-attachment/ticket/4915/4915-5.patch
 4915-5.patch] is an update to the last iteration that simplifies the
 comment form template a little bit and prevents comments from being
 exposed via the REST API (since they are supposed to be private). There's
 also
 [https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/attachment/ticket/4915/4915-helphub.patch
 4915-helphub.patch], which enables support for comments on the Articles
 CPT.

 @bph

 > These are comments, they will be accessible through the WP-Admin, and
 have a reply feature, every comment should have a short reply to "Thank
 you for your comments, we will review etc. "

 Replying to a comment doesn't trigger an email notification to the
 submitter, so the reply would never be seen. If there needs to be a back-
 and-forth with the feedback submitter, it will probably all need to be
 done over email. For this first version, what if we just show a message
 like "Thanks for your feedback" after someone submits the comment form?

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4915#comment:41>