[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4989: wordpress.org and other sites say username and password are empty after successful login and math test

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Jan 29 02:38:08 UTC 2020

#4989: wordpress.org and other sites say username and password are empty after
successful login and math test
------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  wordgear                |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect                  |      Status:  new

Comment (by dd32):

 My apologies, I didn't mean to infer that this only happens between 0-1am
 UTC, only that I've seen it more commonly happen to myself during those
 hours.

 Testing using incognito shouldn't help as the test that's failing and
 triggering the Math block is purely based on the client IP address, it's
 also cached, so it should realistically only happen once per IP per few
 hours.

 The only way I've been able to reproduce getting the Math block
 consistently has been to falsify the API response for the Jetpack Protect
 APIs (or sending the incorrect password enough times that the API deems my
 IP address unsafe).

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4989#comment:3>