[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4915: Add comment or feedback section to End User Documentation page for low-friction interaction

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Feb 5 22:44:22 UTC 2020

#4915: Add comment or feedback section to End User Documentation page for low-
friction interaction
--------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  bph           |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement   |      Status:  new

Comment (by netweb):

 Great to see this ticket moving forward 💯

 As I've highlighted in this ticket and elsewhere many sub-sites of w.org
 can benefit from a feedback form, DevHub already has this, this is for
 HelpHub, handbooks and I'm sure there are more places this would be
 valuable.

 Moving forward it would be great to iterate on the patches from
 @milana_cap, the below files are pretty similar to the patches already
 submitted here BTW, props @milana_cap :)

 Here's the DevHub feedback form in action:

 https://developer.wordpress.org/reference/functions/wp_get_post_parent_id
 /#user-contributed-notes

 The code for this is primarily here:

 https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/browser/sites/trunk/wordpress.org/public_html
 /wp-content/themes/pub/wporg-developer/comments.php

 https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/browser/sites/trunk/wordpress.org/public_html
 /wp-content/themes/pub/wporg-developer/comments-edit.php

 https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/browser/sites/trunk/wordpress.org/public_html
 /wp-content/themes/pub/wporg-developer?order=name

 We can probably start by adding a HelpHub version of that here

 In my mind it would be great to architect that out of the wporg-developer
 theme and into a shared plugin that can be used for both sites and any new
 sites in the future. This would help the meta team by having one common
 plugin to maintain instead of many similar versions

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4915#comment:26>