[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #4658: String Translator should stay string translator even if PTE correcting things

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Thu Sep 12 21:51:43 UTC 2019

#4658: String Translator should stay string translator even if PTE correcting
things
--------------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  Travel_girl               |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  enhancement               |      Status:  new

Comment (by tobifjellner):

 • This suggestion is well meant, but would create additional, unnecessary
 administration.
 • How do we decide what is a "small change"?
 • If the translator gets credit even for strings where the editor needs to
 make one or several changes, why even try to "get it right"?

 In my view, much more important is to facilitate feedback to the
 translator, so that they can learn from their mistakes and do it better
 next time.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/4658#comment:6>