[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3201: Improve CampTix 'Notify' function, including adding auto-save and an Editor-style email composition

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Mar 28 16:35:33 UTC 2018

#3201: Improve CampTix 'Notify' function, including adding auto-save and an
Editor-style email composition
----------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  alicestill                  |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement                 |      Status:  new

Comment (by miss_jwo):

 Hey all.

 I am working with @DJPaul on this ticket. We have created a bunch of user
 stories to understand what the goals are be for the ticket. I'll update
 the ticket later with the restrictions/ requirements list from various
 reviews and UI wireframes as well.

 ------

 # Save/draft emails
 In order to send emails
 As a WordCamp organiser
 I want to save and share drafts

 Examples:
 * Prevent data loss if you close your web browser
 * Write and prepare emails in advance
 * Share drafts between organisers for approval

 # Editor-style email composition
 In order to write emails
 As a WordCamp organiser
 I want to compose an email without knowing HTML

 Examples:
 * Focus on writing content (organisers aren't developers)
 * I want to drag-and-drop images into emails
 * I want to be able to add my recipients' first name, last name, email
 address, and the ticket management URL, to the email.

 # View sent email history
 In order to check what emails were sent
 As a WordCamp organiser
 I want to be see the email content and recipients

 Examples:
 * Organisers can check that other team members had sent an email

 # Customiser
 In order to brand my emails
 As a WordCamp organiser
 I want to be able to customise the email header and footer

 Examples:
 * Add the conference colours and branding
 * Add the conference logo
 * Use a different font

 ????
 "Red" questions (waiting for more info)
 # Use previous emails as templates
 In order to save time when writing new emails
 As a WordCamp organiser
 I want to be able to copy/paste from previous email

 Examples
 * ????

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3201#comment:9>