[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3397: Translate: Plugins listed on Waiting filter not part of general Plugins list

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Jan 23 02:16:59 UTC 2018

#3397: Translate: Plugins listed on Waiting filter not part of general Plugins
list
--------------------------------------+------------------
 Reporter:  garrett-eclipse           |       Owner:
     Type:  defect                    |      Status:  new

Comment (by dd32):

 This is indeed a data-sync error of some form, but I don't know what
 exactly.

 Notes:
  - https://translate.wordpress.org/locale/en-ca/default/wp-plugins?filter
 =percent-completed only shows plugins which are untranslated strings, A
 100% translated plugin will not show here.
  - The plugins in question have no untranslated strings in the DB table. I
 believe that's as a waiting string doesn't count as untranslated. There's
 a bit of bad logic behind it, that we can't really avoid. If "StringA" is
 untranslated, but there's a waiting translation for "StringB" (which is
 already translated) it'll have `untranslated = 0, waiting = 1`, even
 though it should be `untranslated = 1, waiting = 1`. That's due to how
 impossible it is to query GlotPress for this data.

 After looking at this, I don't think there's anything to fix here,
 activity on translating the plugins will probably fix any issues and the
 cron job (which I have no idea when it runs) will probably catch the rest.

 The queries behind these filters are taking 20-30s each for me, so I'd be
 more inclined to remove these filters than change it.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3397#comment:4>