[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #3985: Out of bounds pagination requests to the plugin directory return a 'raw' 404

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Wed Dec 19 03:22:21 UTC 2018

#3985: Out of bounds pagination requests to the plugin directory return a 'raw'
404
------------------------------+---------------------
 Reporter:  jonoaldersonwp    |       Owner:  (none)
     Type:  defect            |      Status:  new
Changes (by dd32):

 * keywords:  reporter-feedback =>

Comment:

 Replying to [comment:2 jonoaldersonwp]:
 > Nope, still need https://wordpress.org/plugins/browse/popular/page/100/
 etc to return a 'nice' 404.

 That won't be possible, as it's blocked at the load balancer. As these
 pages are not linked to (if they are, let us know), and are only
 accessible via manual link creation I don't see any need to push for a
 change there. We could instead have the blocked pages redirect to
 `/plugins/` maybe, but it really doesn't seem worth it.

 I'm willing to close this as good-enough.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/3985#comment:3>