[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2642: Better boosting for phrase matches (or add support for the user to specify a phrase)

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 18 17:35:53 UTC 2017

#2642: Better boosting for phrase matches (or add support for the user to specify
a phrase)
------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  gibrown           |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by gibrown):

 Not exactly related to exact matching, but is related to seeming noise in
 the results and should be looked at more closely are: "charts" and
 "directory".

 In both cases, around results 10-14 we start to see some high install
 plugins match that are not really very relevant to the search. I suspect
 it is because all the other results are out of date or not tested on the
 latest WP, but should look at this in more detail. Somewhat makes me
 wonder if the boosting between the 10, 100, and 1000 plugins is a bit too
 steep though.

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2642#comment:15>