[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2645: Plugin Directory: Installation instructions missing - May withhold essential information

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Tue Apr 18 15:53:12 UTC 2017

#2645: Plugin Directory: Installation instructions missing - May withhold
essential information
------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Gahapati          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by anmari):

 Some of my plugins were affected by this, where they essentially lost all
 the detail steps - too detailed for the description, and not really FAQ.

 Please could we at least have some warning if there are to be more such
 changes.

 Please also consider consistency.
 If the readme example has an Installation step at a high level, then the
 installation should be at that level in the plugin directory.
 If it's to be a step in the FAQ, then that is how it should be shown in
 the readme example.

 Right now I'm not sure what to do.  It seems easiest is just to force an
 update on my plugins to trigger this 'first step' in FAQ idea.  But longer
 term ?

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2645#comment:34>