[wp-meta] [Making WordPress.org] #2645: Plugin Directory: Installation instructions missing - May withhold essential information

Making WordPress.org noreply at wordpress.org
Mon Apr 10 15:06:30 UTC 2017

#2645: Plugin Directory: Installation instructions missing - May withhold
essential information
------------------------------+-------------------------------------------
 Reporter:  Gahapati          |       Owner:
     Type:  enhancement       |      Status:  new

Comment (by jb510):

 Oh! Found it.  I'm on an iPad at the moment and scrolled past it every
 time, text string search failed me too but I'm not sure why. That said I
 still find it hard to find anything I'm looking for with the new one page
 layout.

 Just voicing a concern here, when those install instructions are most
 important they are usually long and complex, burying them in an FAQ
 doesn't seem a great solution in those cases. Why. It keep them their own
 section?

 The faq solution also doesn't address the broken link problem @joelhardi
 mentioned above, is there going to be a redirect to the FAQ?

--
Ticket URL: <https://meta.trac.wordpress.org/ticket/2645#comment:32>